Readings in College of the Redwood's Distance Education Department
Here are some miscellaneous readings that we are using to shape directions in distance education at College of the Redwoods:
Different Links to Various Programs
Here are some examples of online learning (free, open, or relatively inexpensive) we found while researching online education for students and other instructors. The problem while looking for courses or course materials is wading through all of the commercial stuff out there vying for our attention. If you have other links you prefer, please link them in a comment for us!
- Online Degree Discussion Forums - I like these forums because you can connect with real students who are enrolled or graduated from real programs.
- P2PU - Peer to Peer University.
- P2PU Example Class - Baroque art class.
- Wikiversity - They have numerous classes running including Spanish.
- Saylor Foundation - Free education - they also partner with P2PU
- Open University of Washington - a series of free, self-paced classes.
- Of course one can go and study in Norway or Finland...
- Fort Hays State University - This looks interesting, especially their Masters of Liberal Studies program.
- California State University, Dominguez Hills Humanities External Degree program - J has a degree in humanities emphasizing literature. Academically rigorous!
- Western New Mexico University - Offers a Master's in Interdisciplinary Studies.
- BA in 4 Weeks - Lawrie Miller has really got the national testing down to a real science - great project.
- Master's Degrees - by the same person - broken down by cost.